Brian Murphy from Atlas Heating and Cooling came to my building to diagnose an AC problem.He told me I needed a whole new unit after using some equipment to test the compressor pressure.
The unit was less than 6 years old so that was a bit of red flag. He quoted me a price of $6k for a new 4 ton unit(no mention of the brand or seer rating initially). The whole experience seemed very sales pitchy. His comments about my apartment and car made me feel like he was going to jack the price.
Although he seemed nice, my gut told me not to trust him.
I was able to find the number of the guy who actually installed the AC units 6 years ago after Brian Murphy from Atlas left. The original installer was not from Atlas. (I didn't call him originally because I didn't have his number at that time.) He came out today and fixed some little piece in the compressor for $150. The unit is working fine now.
In summary, Atlas wanted $6,000 for a problem that was diagnosed and fixed in under an hour for $150.Don't trust these guys.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Air Conditioner
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I have read several letters on this forem as to Gutter Helmet problems and service. 6/29/15 Just like most products, if..."
- "We had 8 windows replaced last week. The installation team came in, got the old windows out, the new ones in and were working on caulking them. I decided to..."
- "“The Sterling Group DKI: Poor Workmanship Triggers Mental Anguish for Senior Citizen in Poor Health… On October 22 of 2007, Steven Hartmann owner of The Sterling Group DKI submitted an estimate..."
- "We had Carlton install our pool in 2005 in 2008in cracked in 2009 it cracked and leaked Carlton said use the pool over the summer we'll chip out the cracks..."
- "My Yorkie mix had been taking Vectra 3d for a year then as she go older we changed one brand for smaller dogs because she was in the next weight..."
- "I went to hair cuttery in quakertown, pa to get a hair cut and asked for brown highlights , the lady bleached my hair ( full set ), my hair..."
- "Dear Sir I have been using all different types of your products for a long time now. However, today I had my worst experience with your Company. I bought Sally Hansen Ouch..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."