Brian Murphy from Atlas Heating and Cooling came to my building to diagnose an AC problem.He told me I needed a whole new unit after using some equipment to test the compressor pressure.
The unit was less than 6 years old so that was a bit of red flag. He quoted me a price of $6k for a new 4 ton unit(no mention of the brand or seer rating initially). The whole experience seemed very sales pitchy. His comments about my apartment and car made me feel like he was going to jack the price.
Although he seemed nice, my gut told me not to trust him.
I was able to find the number of the guy who actually installed the AC units 6 years ago after Brian Murphy from Atlas left. The original installer was not from Atlas. (I didn't call him originally because I didn't have his number at that time.) He came out today and fixed some little piece in the compressor for $150. The unit is working fine now.
In summary, Atlas wanted $6,000 for a problem that was diagnosed and fixed in under an hour for $150.Don't trust these guys.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Air Conditioner
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Carpet install on (2) sets of 5 steps, pieced together, cut wrong, installed using 2 different methods, missing padding. Luxury vinyl tile install, installer cut new flooring on top of..."
- "Avoid Empire-Today at all costs! I come from a unique perspective in that I worked as an Independent Sales Contractor for Empire for a year and a half. Unfortunately, I cannot..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "My unit caused me a lockout after stopping at a Walgreens store on my way to work. The store is in the next parking lot. I got in and out..."
- "I started seeing pictures of these lockets on my Facebook news feed in early 2013 and was intrigued. I thought the idea of a locket with charms was adorable..."
- "800notes.com has not been honest with everyone. It has come to our attention that they have a hidden, private section buried within their normal forum which is used to spy..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."